Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coming back

I’m nearly free of what my cousin, Dianne, named the “Monster cold of 2012.” What relief to cough without pain in my ribs!

My uncle, who spent a few days at the hospital in January, has returned to good energy and good spirits. One reason: for the moment, he’s still living with our cousin, Carlin, which means he’s eating well. (Everyone eats well at Carlin’s – she knows the secrets of Italian cooking, and has never fallen out of practice.) And to watch her battle the mole problem in her garden is enough to enliven anyone’s spirits. “Oh, those talpin -- they make me so mad! They make their tunnels everywhere!” (Talpin, pronounced "talpeen," is the word in our Italian dialect for moles.)

There’s talk of a trip to Italy, the Amalfi coast, with my friend and travel companion, the one with whom I’ve taken two trips to France since the beginning of this blog. I’m ready.

- PJ

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Isn't it great to be free of the pain in your ribs?!! I'm still coughing just a bit, usually in the evenings, but not feeling sick at all. this really was the Cold from Hell!