Saturday, May 26, 2012

And forward, once again


I ordered a replacement book on Amazon, different vendor, which arrived quick as lightning. My refund from the first vendor took longer. That seller didn’t respond to my inquiry when the book didn’t arrive, so I filed a claim and left constructive but negative feedback. Then, I promptly heard from the vendor.

Amazon’s feedback policy isn’t terribly fair to sellers or buyers – I couldn’t adjust my feedback, only leave it or remove it. To not say the vendor eventually resolved the issue isn’t fair to the seller, but to have no feedback about the experience isn’t fair to potential buyers.

A manager at work recently said, “Kids and students are often taught things must be fair; as adults, we learn life isn’t always fair.”

I’m nearly fifty pages into the travel-writing book, and have learned one mistake I’ve made with my magazine submissions. Big mistake, easy fix -- that seems fair enough.

I’m moving forward.

- PJ

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Glad you were able to get your book order sorted. When a book comes from Amazon itself there's no problem fixing mistakes, but when it's a 3rd party vendor it's not to easy!

Glad the travel article is coming along. Can't wait to read the final version...