Monday, April 2, 2012

Fresh sage

The visit with my uncle and Carlin was great, as usual. The fall my uncle had earlier this year seems to have taken little out of him; that’s a relief to see.
During post-lunch espresso, I heard Carlin mention sage, growing in her herb garden. I inquired, she instantly produced garden shears, and I brought home three sprays of fresh sage. I wasn’t sure what I’d do with them (oh, how I love cannellini beans with sage, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar!) until I saw tri tip on sale. Why not? I particularly liked the “on sale.” I bought some potatoes to pan-roast with the beef, and here it all is, ready to go into the oven. More sage leaves are under the roast.

Here’s the project, over an hour later, before I turned the drippings into jus.
Red wine, anyone?

- PJ

2 comments:

Dianne said...

OK, you REALLY know how to hurt a guy! I'm sitting here at 7:30AM, just having taken Ross to BART for his flight to Austin, and I'm salivating! No fair!

Joe (PJ) said...

Don't you just love fresh herbs? Thyme and sage are two of my favorites.

Hope Ross is feeling better.